22 April 2005

The Duke of Clarence

Tomorrow night's little shindig is taking place at the Duke of Clarence in Islington. I am scheduled to take the stage at 9.30. This of course is subject to change.
I've no idea where the bloody place is - well, I've an idea, but I haven't actually been there, so can't quite pinpoint it for you with military precision. Up the Essex Rd near the Balls Pond Rd is about as much as I can tell you. Ask a Babyshambles fan is my advice.
It's the venue for the many late night Pete Doherty no-shows, and the occasional one where he did.
Many of you reading this ( I say many more in hope than knowledge) will of course be members of London's ultra hip underground elite, and will know the Duke of Clarence better than your own parent's front parlour. For those of you who aren't, I'm sorry, but I can be of any more help. I've got to find the place myself, so if you see a middle age drunk, staggering up the Essex Rd with a guitar case under his arm, 'take me by the hand and lead me through the streeets of London'.
We'll get there in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Enter your e-mail address to receive occasional updates