18 August 2005

The Offficial Secret's Act

A balmy summer's evening with a storm threatening to break. No smell of electricity yet, but it's not far off. I've consumed a bottle of white wine, while contemplating the sunset, and am now about to retire.
As some of you might already know, I had the pleasure of being a guest on the Alex James radio show last night.
Half an hour of talking nonsense to the ten people in the country in posession of a digital wireless.
I think Alex wanted me to discuss musical matters, advertising me as somebody with insider knowledge. I had to quickly explain, that owing to my stomach ailment, and general complete lack of interest in music, I was ill qualified for the task. That's not to say that I was not prepared to talk at length about it. Lack of knowledge of a subject, should never hinder an in-depth analysis on the radio. I don't imagine it will be repeated, so whatever I said has passed into historty and rumour. To tell the truth, I was extremely articulate and succinct and may well be nominated for a radio award.
I've been writing songs again...just the odd bit here and there, but something is definitely taking shape. It's a bit of a shame really, because if I hadn't, I might be able to get on with something else a bit more lucrative. I think I''ll call the next record - if it gets that far 'The Official Secrets Act'. Obviously, I can't tell you what's going to be on it, and I won't be able to talk about it in this country....still, I reckon it has a ring to it. Quite mature. Like 'No jacket Required' by Phil Collins.
It's about time I had a holiday - I hate holidays, because they suggest a necessary escape from everyday life, which is how I've tried to design my existence anyway. Be that as it may, in some shape or form, be it physical or spiritual, I feel the need to remove myself temporarily, and have a bit of a think. Weekends in Devon, Reading or oblivion aren't enough. It's got to be a good few days. Enough time to extinguish all hope of otherness, and yearn for a return to the cage. A weekend pass isn't good enough - I'm going over the wall. A walking holiday perhaps. I did consider buying a compass, then walking back to my mother's house cross country - if there is any between here and Reading.
Just been reading a book about ancient English travel - before roads. Very exiting it is too. Whoever it was that first tried to cut a path from one village to the next, has a lot to answer for. See what you've done you fool. Speed cameras are all your doing.
Imagine a country where even five miles away would be another world, different customs, dialect, language.
If I yomp through Kilburn, Hammersmith, Chiswick, then down the M4 corridor past Slough, Maidenhead, Wokingham etc, I can recreate the thrill annd danger of ancient britain. If I get fed up, I can hail a cab...or visit an inn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mister Ten Percent said...

That book sounds quite interesting - what's it called?

12:31 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-29keyun
chanel outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet online
beats by dre outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap ugg boots
mulberry uk
cheap toms shoes
air force 1 trainers
ray bans
prada handbags
ugg for women
ugg outlet
abercrombie & fitch
nike roshe run mens
oakley sunglasses
kobe 8
hollister
michael kors
retro 11
michael kors handbags
kate spade handbags
kate spade purses
instyler
tory burch outlet
cheap air jordans
hollister clearance
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet store
nike huarache white
nike free 5.0
louis vuitton bags
air max 90
kate spade outlet
jordan retro 11
ugg australia
coach outlet online

7:17 AM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

tory burch handbags
lebron james shoes
christian louboutin
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
fitflops
nike air force 1
michael kors handbags
michael kors handbags
michael kors outlet
coach factory outlet
true religion shorts
juicy couture
michael kors outlet
cheap jordans
kate spade handbags
michael kors outlet clearance
rolex watches
nike outlet
coach outlet
nike uk
coach factory outlet
oakley vault
asics shoes
michael kors outlet online
coach factory outlet
vans shoes outlet
air jordan pas cher
louis vuitton
kobe bryant shoes
michael kors canada
nike free run
hollister clothing
mont blanc pens
fitflops sale clearance
nike air max
nike air max
nike air jordan
nike roshe runs
timberland boots
2016.7.15haungqin

2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Enter your e-mail address to receive occasional updates