20 October 2006

There's a Saw Man Waiting in the Sky

Good evening readers. It's been an alright day. Nothing spectacular. A quiet respectable autumnal English kind of affair - some rain, some driving and a brief visit to the pub. How different from last night's shenanigans.
My first glance in the mirror today, showed two inflamed pores on my nose. Not full scale pimples, just slight irregularities beneath the surface. Pre eruptions so to speak. These were easily treated with some delicate squeezing and a dab of TCP.
The reason for them might prove of more interest however. I got quite drunk in the service of my dear friend and erstwhile colleague - Haines. Apparently Haines has got some kind of record coming out...he's very prolific. Anyway, as a form of promotion for this release, he'd booked himself a live performance, for which I was to act as a special guest in my capacity as a saw player. A bit of saw lends quality to these affairs - it's exotic, sexy ( in my opinion) and extremely cheap to lug around...although not easy to get aboard aircraft these days. Clenched tightly between my knees, and teased with a bow, it is the sound my loins might make - if they could communicate audibly...is that or is that not a beautiful thought?
Anyway, to cut a long story slightly shorter...no pun intended, I was due to play on three songs, but owing to circumstances beyong my control, missed the middle one, so only graced two with my noise.
I'd become deeply embroiled in conversation back in the dressing room with - as unlikely as it sounds - Bonehead out of Oasis and Mike Joyce from the Smiths. They were involved with the support act - Vinny Peculiar. We reminisced fondly about our days on a bigger stage, deciding that Kilburn's Lumiere was much nicer than the Brixton Academy..even though none of us believed it. As this was going on, I listened carefully to Haines'characteristically excellent performance, conscious that my presence would soon be required. I have alway prided myself on my professional approach to the business of playing music in a public auditorium, and never before in my long career have I ever got so carried away that I forgot my cue. Strangely, this was the first time. Unfamiliar as I was with the song, it was not until the middle section of Freddie Mills is Dead, that I realised that Haines was playing Freddie Mills is Dead - the very one we'd been working on in the soundcheck. Ironically, Joyce commented that he could imagine a bit of saw on this song - 'just what it needs' he said. Of course Rock'n'roll is a fleeting thing, and by the time I'd presented myself stage right, it was over. Still, all was not lost and the rest of the evening passed without further incident.
BTW. The reason for my nasal irregularities - or so I believe, was the large amount of double whiskies I was obliged to consume - all of which were purchased for me by gratelful audience members who'd been moved to generosity by my musicianship and professionalism.

Anyway, I would certainly recommend that you all rush out to your nearest branch of Tescos and purchase a copy of Haines' new record when it comes out next week. This is not guilt speaking. It really is very good. Goodnight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Martin said...

That Myspace video ia pretty..um..special..

5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from a fellow saw player!
The Saw Lady
http://www.SawLady.com

7:22 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-29keyun
chanel outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet online
beats by dre outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap ugg boots
mulberry uk
cheap toms shoes
air force 1 trainers
ray bans
prada handbags
ugg for women
ugg outlet
abercrombie & fitch
nike roshe run mens
oakley sunglasses
kobe 8
hollister
michael kors
retro 11
michael kors handbags
kate spade handbags
kate spade purses
instyler
tory burch outlet
cheap air jordans
hollister clearance
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet store
nike huarache white
nike free 5.0
louis vuitton bags
air max 90
kate spade outlet
jordan retro 11
ugg australia
coach outlet online

7:17 AM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

supra shoes
coach factory outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
insanity workout
beats wireless headphones
louis vuitton
longchamp outlet
celine outlet
giuseppe zanotti sandals
fake watches
true religion jeans
michael kors handbags
cartier watches
oakley vault
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
christian louboutin sale
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet store online
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
polo ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton
kobe bryant shoes
christian louboutin outlet
kevin durant shoes 8
jordan 3 infrared
beats headphones
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin outlet
gucci handbags
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
louis vuitton
2016.7.15haungqin

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Enter your e-mail address to receive occasional updates