02 November 2006

Run Rabbit Run

Oh dear, I am sitting in my garret listening to Burt Bacharach and nursing another hangover. Not a dreadful one – quite tolerable in fact, and I am not required to be anywhere for several hours yet. I’ve just consumed a bacon sandwich – prepared on the George Foreman grilling machine. I must take a moment to sing the praises of this device. It is apparently one of the most popular unopened Christmas presents of all time…mine was liberated from Mother’s shed, where it had lain un-open for years.
It is brutally simple…not even complicated by an on off switch…just plug it in and clamp it shut and it cooks stuff and all the fat drips down a slope into a tray. I have a feeling that it is aimed at …people who are perhaps not the brightest…which is perfect for me in my present condition.
I have taken to London again life like a migrating duck returning to water…well, not water perhaps, liquid shall we say? Anyway, it’s got to stop. I’ve come back for constructive purposes…not meaningless hedonism…ooh hang on…three magpies just flew past the window. Now if I remember the theme tune right, that’s three for a girl. I’d better put a suit on - always follow the signs.

I’m afraid that I didn’t make it to the Joiners Arms in Southampton last night. The lure of saucy snaps and free vodka was too great. I am sure Haines will have played a blinder, in fact when I sent him the obligatory ‘Break a leg’ text, he replied that he already had. I can assure anybody hoping to have witnessed my saw accompaniment, that you didn’t miss much. Still, I will be in Bristol this Friday with my serrated edges pointing inwards, and my bow gently stoking.
The walk along the Thames to the exhibition was utterly inspiring. The skyline made me feel as excited as I used to feel looking at New York. Take my aesthetic advice if you will - there are some quite nice buildings round there…pity they’re for working in, but that’s reality for you. And, even though I am opposed to warfare and military unpleasantness of all kinds, I would quite fancy a go on the HMS Belfast…no wonder Britannia used to rule the waves, imagine if that turned up in your coastal waters?...hang on a minute – this is the Daily Telegraph isn’t it?

Talking of Haines, I’m going to have to do something about that Rabbit stew. I can’t bring myself to eat it. Utter hypocrisy I know, seeing as I have consumed pig already today, but rabbit? Peter Rabbit , Benjamin Bunny, Run Rabbit Run, Friday/Rabbit-Pie Day? I can’t do it. I am not Mr McGregor. But what can I do with it? I don’t think it will flush down the toilet – it’s too big – practically a whole rabbit. It would be a bit embarrassing to explain to my new landlord that I’d blocked the toilet by flushing rabbits down it –there’s probably something in the lease prohibiting this kind of thing. Can I just throw it in a bin? I know Camden is very particular about its recycling. If I had a garden I’d bury it. I could even say a few words. Anyway, please do not worry too much about this. It will resolve itself. Once my head clears, an obvious solution will present itself…would it be rude if I just gave it back?
Must go off now and see if the magpies were right.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,nice blog!!! I found a place where you can make an extra $800 or more a month. I do it part time and make a lot more than that. It is definitely worth a visit! You can do it in your spare time and make good cash. Make Extra Cash

5:40 PM  
Blogger 柯云 said...

2015-12-29keyun
chanel outlet
ray ban sunglasses
michael kors outlet
polo ralph lauren
canada goose sale
michael kors outlet online
beats by dre outlet
ray ban sunglasses
cheap ugg boots
mulberry uk
cheap toms shoes
air force 1 trainers
ray bans
prada handbags
ugg for women
ugg outlet
abercrombie & fitch
nike roshe run mens
oakley sunglasses
kobe 8
hollister
michael kors
retro 11
michael kors handbags
kate spade handbags
kate spade purses
instyler
tory burch outlet
cheap air jordans
hollister clearance
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet store
nike huarache white
nike free 5.0
louis vuitton bags
air max 90
kate spade outlet
jordan retro 11
ugg australia
coach outlet online

7:17 AM  
Blogger xjd7410@gmail.com said...

supra shoes
coach factory outlet
ray ban sunglasses outlet
insanity workout
beats wireless headphones
louis vuitton
longchamp outlet
celine outlet
giuseppe zanotti sandals
fake watches
true religion jeans
michael kors handbags
cartier watches
oakley vault
coach outlet
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
christian louboutin sale
cheap oakley sunglasses
coach outlet store online
coach outlet
ray ban sunglasses
polo ralph lauren outlet
michael kors outlet
kate spade outlet
louis vuitton
kobe bryant shoes
christian louboutin outlet
kevin durant shoes 8
jordan 3 infrared
beats headphones
coach factory outlet
christian louboutin outlet
gucci handbags
cheap jordan shoes
michael kors outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton
louis vuitton
2016.7.15haungqin

2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Enter your e-mail address to receive occasional updates